Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My first blog!!

RECORD TIME


Well this is my first blog and I want to start off by saying that I am definitely not a writer so please forgive me.

I live in Minnesota and just recently came up with the idea to make wall clocks out of vintage records. This came to me when I saw a really poor attempt at a local Target using a screen printed piece of cardboard. I thought to myself why don't I do that with a real record. I have been looking for a clock for my basement for the better part of a year(I know I am a bit anal) and music has always been my favorite thing in life so I could think of nothing better.

So I found a great supplier and ordered some clock movements to make some of my old unused records into hand assembled works of art. I started with what would be the clock in my basement, my favorite album of all time, Led Zeppelin II. I was amazed at how well everything came together and 10 minutes later I had my clock. I was more than pleased with how it turned out and felt that I had a product on my hands here that people may want to buy.

My wife has been selling handmade knitting accessories and hand dyed yarn on a website called Etsy.com. It is a website for vintage and handmade items only. This seemed like the perfect place to sell my clocks. It is a great community and is very welcoming for new sellers such as myself.

I have sold two of my clocks so far to very happy customers. I have six other clocks in my shop right now but have plans to make quite a few more clocks by this weekend. I really hope that my shop continues to grow because I am having a blast making and selling these things.

My Etsy shop can be found here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7057779 my user name is RecordTime. Here are some pics of clocks I have made recently and are available for purchase in my shop.
I will continue to blog when I make new additions to my shop or whenever I feel like saying something about anything. I love music so I anticipate some blogs about that for sure. Thanks so much for reading

RecordTime

No comments:

Post a Comment